Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot hear my calls on mac

Hello, I have trouble lately with my mac, i only recieve the calls sometimes. And when i do, i mostly cant hear anything so i have to switch to my iphone. Everything worked great till now. I recently installed new app- backround music, but i already deleted it. I suspect this happening from installing this. I tried fix this through setting on my iphone but the calls are allowed on my mac. I dont have Big Sur (because i have not enough space). Thanks for your response :)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 3:08 PM

Your suspicion may be correct. I am assuming that the app was installed on your Mac and not on your iPhone. Check to see whether it is loading anything during startup. Open System Preferences ➔ Users & Groups ➔ Login iTems (Tab): Ensure that anything resembling that app is not there. If it is then uncheck it and reboot your Mac.

You can do a spotlight search on your Mac and type in the name of the app and see whether there are files remains on the Mac. If you find any then delete those files. Of course, reboot your Mac and see if the issue persists.

Finally you can try the following troubleshooting steps to see if the issue resolves after the task:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 3:08 PM in response to ivana281

Your suspicion may be correct. I am assuming that the app was installed on your Mac and not on your iPhone. Check to see whether it is loading anything during startup. Open System Preferences ➔ Users & Groups ➔ Login iTems (Tab): Ensure that anything resembling that app is not there. If it is then uncheck it and reboot your Mac.

You can do a spotlight search on your Mac and type in the name of the app and see whether there are files remains on the Mac. If you find any then delete those files. Of course, reboot your Mac and see if the issue persists.

Finally you can try the following troubleshooting steps to see if the issue resolves after the task:

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer

Axel F.

Cannot hear my calls on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.