Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume decrease when connected to bluetooth devices (car, airpods)

Whenever I connect my phone to my car it automatically decreases volume to protect my hearing, however, in a car, its not super convenient. Especially if it happens while I’m already driving. (which happens most of the time) I’ve tried turning this feature off in settings, however it doesn’t seem to fix this problem. Is there a way to turn it off when iPhone is connected to a certain device or turn it off all together?

my phone is running on iOS 14.2

HELP!! thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 12:44 PM

Hello Sofiksss,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you connect our iPhone to your car the volume automatically decreases to protect your hearing. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Track headphone and environmental sound-level exposure in Health on iPhone

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 12:44 PM in response to Sofiksss

Hello Sofiksss,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when you connect our iPhone to your car the volume automatically decreases to protect your hearing. We're happy to help.

Check out the following support articles:

Adjust the volume on iPhone

Track headphone and environmental sound-level exposure in Health on iPhone

Cheers!

volume decrease when connected to bluetooth devices (car, airpods)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.