Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Exporting

I am have issues with saving my iMovie to my device. The video will begin to export and will move at a fast rate then suddenly stop close to end. The video is 13 minutes long. What may cause the stoppage?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 3:02 PM

Hi, Sean,

You might have run out of space on your destination drive, or there is some corruption in the project at the point where it quits.

Go to Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage and check to see how much free space you have on your destination drive. If you are real low, you will need to move some data off of the drive to make room for your movie.

If the space is O.K, then open your iMovie project, expand out your timeline with the slider above and to the right of the timeline, and scroll slowly though your project. Look for any signs of corruption, like black frames, white flashes, artifacts. Cut out any that you find and try to share again. You might want to make a duplicate of your project and work with that so as to preserve your original.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 3:02 PM in response to SeanBarefield10

Hi, Sean,

You might have run out of space on your destination drive, or there is some corruption in the project at the point where it quits.

Go to Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage and check to see how much free space you have on your destination drive. If you are real low, you will need to move some data off of the drive to make room for your movie.

If the space is O.K, then open your iMovie project, expand out your timeline with the slider above and to the right of the timeline, and scroll slowly though your project. Look for any signs of corruption, like black frames, white flashes, artifacts. Cut out any that you find and try to share again. You might want to make a duplicate of your project and work with that so as to preserve your original.

-- Rich

iMovie Exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.