Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting videos iMovie

I Tried exporting a video from iMovie, but exportation failed because of an error and I cannot find a way to get out of it. It says: request cv pixel buffer for frame returned 3 for absolute frame 334663. I understand that there’re a black frame somewhere but where? It’s a 4 hour video and I cannot find where’s the problem.. help me!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 9, 2022 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 10:30 AM

The problem is at or around frame no 334663. To find the point in time on the timeline where frame 334663 appears, divide 334663 frames by the frame rate of the project. So, for example, if you have a 30 frame per second project, divide 334663 frames by 30 frames per second to get 11,155 seconds. To get minutes, divide 11,155 seconds by 60 to get 185.91 minutes and divide 185.91 minutes by 60 to get 3.09 hours as the point in the timeline where frame 334663 occurs. Use the clock timer just above the timeline to scroll to the 3.09 hour point. Scroll around in the area of hour 3.09, looking for signs of corruption, like black frames, white flashes, or artifacts, and remove any that you find. It helps if you expand out your timeline with the slider located above and to the right of the timeline.

The frame rate of the project is determined by the frame rate of the very first clip that you placed into a newly created project.

To preserve your original project, you might want to duplicate your project and work with the duplicate.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2022 10:30 AM in response to Tofus00

The problem is at or around frame no 334663. To find the point in time on the timeline where frame 334663 appears, divide 334663 frames by the frame rate of the project. So, for example, if you have a 30 frame per second project, divide 334663 frames by 30 frames per second to get 11,155 seconds. To get minutes, divide 11,155 seconds by 60 to get 185.91 minutes and divide 185.91 minutes by 60 to get 3.09 hours as the point in the timeline where frame 334663 occurs. Use the clock timer just above the timeline to scroll to the 3.09 hour point. Scroll around in the area of hour 3.09, looking for signs of corruption, like black frames, white flashes, or artifacts, and remove any that you find. It helps if you expand out your timeline with the slider located above and to the right of the timeline.

The frame rate of the project is determined by the frame rate of the very first clip that you placed into a newly created project.

To preserve your original project, you might want to duplicate your project and work with the duplicate.

-- Rich

Exporting videos iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.