Export frame from video not working

I've imported a .MOV (H264 4K) video into photos recorded on my Olympus OM-1. I play the video and stop at a frame and click export frame. Dialogue disappears butI don't get an exported tif file or anything. Any ideas please?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 4:11 AM

Where are you looking for the exported frame? It should be saved to your Pictures folder as a TIFF file, not into the Photos Library. It will be named with a prefix (depending on the system language - in German the filename will start with "Bild", followed by the date of export and the frame position, for example: Bild-31-08-2023-01-07-36.tiff

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 4:11 AM in response to Stuart_Storm_Chaser

Where are you looking for the exported frame? It should be saved to your Pictures folder as a TIFF file, not into the Photos Library. It will be named with a prefix (depending on the system language - in German the filename will start with "Bild", followed by the date of export and the frame position, for example: Bild-31-08-2023-01-07-36.tiff

Export frame from video not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.