Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos 8.0 on Ventura 13.1 ... export a frame from a video

How do i export a frame from a video using Photos 8.0 on the new (ridiculously frustrating and complex) Ventura 13.1.

This used to be so simple !!!!!!!!!!! Now 'File' ... "export frame to pictures' ... is in gray and i am unable to click on it.

I am really so disgusted with Apple.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 11:44 PM

The "File > Export > export frame to Picture" command is still available for me on Ventura (as described here for Monterey: How to extract a still frame from a video… - Apple Community).

If it is greyed out for you, there may be a problem with the specific video. Perhaps the video needs downloading from iCloud, or it is damaged or the original is missing or in a format, that is no longer supported on Ventura. Or your Photos Library is damaged or stored on an incompatible external volume. Have you tested, if the original image file can be exported from Photos with "File > Export > Export unmodified original"? If yes, can QuickTime Player open the exported video?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2023 11:44 PM in response to donna Pieracini

The "File > Export > export frame to Picture" command is still available for me on Ventura (as described here for Monterey: How to extract a still frame from a video… - Apple Community).

If it is greyed out for you, there may be a problem with the specific video. Perhaps the video needs downloading from iCloud, or it is damaged or the original is missing or in a format, that is no longer supported on Ventura. Or your Photos Library is damaged or stored on an incompatible external volume. Have you tested, if the original image file can be exported from Photos with "File > Export > Export unmodified original"? If yes, can QuickTime Player open the exported video?

Photos 8.0 on Ventura 13.1 ... export a frame from a video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.