Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application kicks off upon startup

When I restart my MacBook Pro (running Big Sur 11.0.1), it also starts apps I rarely use, including Skype. How do I stop this from happening?

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 12:03 PM

Are the apps setup to launch at Login? Check the "Login Items" under the User & Groups System Preferences.

Also when you restart or shutdown the Mac you are presented with a dialog box which has a checkbox to allow all currently open apps & windows to open on the next boot. Just uncheck this option the next time you restart or shutdown the Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 12:03 PM in response to llcrowe

Are the apps setup to launch at Login? Check the "Login Items" under the User & Groups System Preferences.

Also when you restart or shutdown the Mac you are presented with a dialog box which has a checkbox to allow all currently open apps & windows to open on the next boot. Just uncheck this option the next time you restart or shutdown the Mac.

Application kicks off upon startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.