Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Use Maps 3.0 (2608.20.8.12.50)

When Maps launches, on my MacBook Pro, I get a "What's New in Maps" window. I can't get the window to close so I can't use Maps. Any clues?

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 3:39 PM

Hello BStoppee,

We'd love to assist you with getting Maps back working on your Mac. First, on the box that is appearing does it show the option to continue? If not, have you tried restarting the Mac using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If that doesn't resolve it for you, does the same thing occur when you create an admin test user? To find out how to create a new user, check out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 3:39 PM in response to BStoppee

Hello BStoppee,

We'd love to assist you with getting Maps back working on your Mac. First, on the box that is appearing does it show the option to continue? If not, have you tried restarting the Mac using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If that doesn't resolve it for you, does the same thing occur when you create an admin test user? To find out how to create a new user, check out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Dec 14, 2020 11:50 AM in response to BStoppee

Hello BStoppee,

Thank you for trying. Have you been able to test the issue in safe mode to see if it allows you to continue pass the alert? These steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac will assist you with booting into safe mode. Once done, you'd want to use the Mac as you normally would to see if the issue occurs again. You can tell when the Mac is in safe mode because on the desktop it will show the words Safe Boot in the top right-hand corner of the screen. 

Best regards

Can't Use Maps 3.0 (2608.20.8.12.50)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.