Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send image to background greyed out

Hello! How do you send an image to the background in a normal Pages document? When I right-click, the options 'Bring to Front' and 'Send to Back' are greyed out for some reason...

THANK YOU!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:54 AM

Hi Jane_Austen12345,

To move a selected object into the Section Background, Menu > Arrange > Section Masters > Move Object to Section Master.

It will then appear "behind" every page of that Section.

Regards,

Ian.

4 replies

Dec 17, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Yellowbox

This solution works if you want that object applied to every page of your document. I am trying to change the background color of multiple pages, each with its own color. I issued to simply create a box, choose my color, select None under Arrange>Text Wrap, and then do Arrange>Back and it would move my box to the back so now my text could be seen. Now, Back/Front and Backward/Forward are greyed out in the Arrange bar, the menu bar, and with the right click. Has this option become buggy after the most recent upgrade?

Dec 17, 2020 10:59 PM in response to nietc

Placing a shape behind the text without putting the shape into the Section Master is possible only if the text is in a container (another shape or a text box).

In a Pages page layout document, each page is a separate section, all text is in containers, and the option to stack containers and other objects in any order is always present (provided there is more than one object to stack, and the objects are not currently Locked).

In a Pages word processing document, the main text is in the Document Body, and the only available space 'behind' the text is the Section Master space. Any object (including a colour-filled shape) placed in the Section master will appear (behind the text and behind any other objects not in the Section Master) on every page of the section.

Regards,

Barry

Send image to background greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.