Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Online Banking I use will not open in Safari, I have downloaded Google Chrome what do I do to get it to open in Chrome?

The Bank I use for online will not operate with Safari, I have Google Chrome downloaded on my machine but it does not override the Safari?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 10:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2020 10:45 AM in response to Tarvin01

This is not an unusual complaint for Safari. For Chrome, it is a bit unusual. Bear with me while I offer an explanation. Web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers. For some reason, they often choose to not be compliant with Safari. (This is not an Apple problem as Apple has no control over the millions of web sites on the internet.) You can hope that your web site's developers eventually update their site to work with Safari, or you can use another browser that does work, such as Firefox. Finally, you can also ask the bank which browser the web site will work with. If they say Internet Explorer, which some of them do, you are out of luck. I.E. has not been available for a Mac in many years. Failing all of that, I would consider changing banks.

The Online Banking I use will not open in Safari, I have downloaded Google Chrome what do I do to get it to open in Chrome?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.