Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large amount of data use by Siri.

Hello everyone,

I recently got my new IPhone 12. I’ve been using Android for at least 10 years, so IOS is stil new to me. I like the Iphone so far, however i do have a strange issue where even Google cant help me with... for Some reason Siri is using large amounts of data. In the past few days its showing 1.6gb of mobile data (reset done on december 1st). The Iphone is connected to WiFi most of the day and i barely use Siri. Since i have a 6gb data plan each month this can be annoying. The only sollution i found is to turn Siri completely off, however i do like to use it to make handsfree calls while driving. I attached a screenshot however it is in Dutch.

Hopefully someone here can help me. Help is appreciated, thanks in advance! Alex.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:00 AM

Hello Alex5650,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and to the iPhone. We see from the screenshot that Siri is taking a significant amount of data and will do what we can to help.

Sometime Siri might be trying to utilize cellular data to make a call, download other voices (which might download in the background), access the Internet to find answers or learn from other apps. Depending on where you are, some of these actions would require cellular (sometimes called mobile) data. The best thing to do if you want to keep Siri on is check all the settings, specifically ones where Siri is learning from other apps or, if you have it set up, the language Siri is using is downloaded instead of streaming:

It might take some testing with each setting to see if there are any changes, but rest assured, these would be the settings from Siri that would affect cellular (mobile) data.

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 9:00 AM in response to Alex5650

Hello Alex5650,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and to the iPhone. We see from the screenshot that Siri is taking a significant amount of data and will do what we can to help.

Sometime Siri might be trying to utilize cellular data to make a call, download other voices (which might download in the background), access the Internet to find answers or learn from other apps. Depending on where you are, some of these actions would require cellular (sometimes called mobile) data. The best thing to do if you want to keep Siri on is check all the settings, specifically ones where Siri is learning from other apps or, if you have it set up, the language Siri is using is downloaded instead of streaming:

It might take some testing with each setting to see if there are any changes, but rest assured, these would be the settings from Siri that would affect cellular (mobile) data.

Cheers.

Large amount of data use by Siri.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.