Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOS 14.6 Siri will only "Working on it. Something went wrong."

Upgraded my iPhone XR to iOS 14.6. Ever since then Siri doesn't work at all. Asking Siri anything results in "Hold on a minute. Working on it. Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I've done the obvious - reboot the phone (3x). Toggle Siri off and on again. Test the microphone with voice memos. Tried it in the car with CarPlay and it does the exact same thing. It fails through both CarPlay and when I use the phone outside of the car. Fails with both Wifi and cellular data.

My wife has the *exact* same phone as me. (We bought them the same day.) After her upgrade to iOS 14.6 Siri continues to work just fine.

I often use my phone with CarPlay while I'm driving. This option is no longer available to me. I now need to pull over if I want to do something with my phone.

Not a happy camper. Wish I never upgraded or that there was a way to roll-back to the previous version of iOS that worked fine.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 2:48 PM

Hi Turtle_Boy, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it would appear that you have an issue with “Hey Siri” not working. We want to help. Please look at the steps in this article that talks about If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.

Reach back out with any questions.

Best Regards! 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 2:48 PM in response to Turtle_Boy

Hi Turtle_Boy, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it would appear that you have an issue with “Hey Siri” not working. We want to help. Please look at the steps in this article that talks about If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.

Reach back out with any questions.

Best Regards! 

Jun 12, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Turtle_Boy

FIXED IT - Not how I wanted to but now Siri works as before.

Here's what I did.

#1) First I backed up my iPhone to the cloud. This failed with the error below.

#2) Used my MacBook and backed up my phone to the laptop. This still worked.

#3) Did a full clear/reset/delete-everything of my phone.

#4) Restored from the backup on my Macbook

#5) Siri once again works.

Jun 11, 2021 5:01 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian_P7 - This did NOT solve my problem. i accidentally hit the button saying it's solved and there is no way to undo my accidental press. This issue is NOT solved and still persists. (Who designed the web interface where you can't undo an accidental mouse click????)

Thank you for your reply. I don't use "Hey Siri" and this is the regular straight forward "Press the side button" Siri operation.

I did try enabling Hey-Siri temporarily to see if it would clear the issue. I spoke the test-commands that it asked me when I first enabled Hey Siri. Then it said it was all done. My first attempt at "Hey Siri" failed miserably and had the exact same failure mode as pressing the button. After my "Hey Siri" it tried to connect to the web and could not. More of the "Working on it... Hold on a second... Something went wrong."

After IOS 14.6 Siri will only "Working on it. Something went wrong."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.