Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri problems with iOS 16

Hi everyone,

I recently updated to iOS 16 on my iPhone 12 mini. So far, so good and enjoying the new features. A problem today with Siri, however. I was driving in a vehicle that doesn't have Apple CarPlay. No problem, handsfree Siri works well, or at least it did with iOS 15. When I summon Siri either with a voice command or the side button, I can't get it to work. I've been looking online and in my Settings for my iPhone without any luck.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Hello slyguy_28,

Siri is a great feature and ensuring it's working with Siri compatible infotainment systems is important. To confirm, does Siri work properly when not connected to your vehicles infotainment system? If not, you'll want to complete the steps outlined below. These steps can also be found in more detail via the following link and are specific to resolving issues with "Hey Siri."

1. "Check if "Hey Siri" is turned on"
  2. "Set up Siri to recognize your voice"
  3. "If Siri stops responding"
  4. "Get more help with Siri"

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone

If you continue to have issues after those steps or you're only having issues when connected to your vehicles infotainment system, have you verified your infotainment is updated to the latest firmware? If not, this can be helpful step as vehicle manufactures can release updates to ensure continued compatibility with Apple products.

Let us know how that goes!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 1:11 PM in response to slyguy_28

Hello slyguy_28,

Siri is a great feature and ensuring it's working with Siri compatible infotainment systems is important. To confirm, does Siri work properly when not connected to your vehicles infotainment system? If not, you'll want to complete the steps outlined below. These steps can also be found in more detail via the following link and are specific to resolving issues with "Hey Siri."

1. "Check if "Hey Siri" is turned on"
  2. "Set up Siri to recognize your voice"
  3. "If Siri stops responding"
  4. "Get more help with Siri"

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone

If you continue to have issues after those steps or you're only having issues when connected to your vehicles infotainment system, have you verified your infotainment is updated to the latest firmware? If not, this can be helpful step as vehicle manufactures can release updates to ensure continued compatibility with Apple products.

Let us know how that goes!

Siri problems with iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.