Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone X is dead while charging

Hi,

I've had a iPhone X for less than 2 years. I plugged it via its original charge to charge the battery and I started watching a video in Whatsapp and after a while the screen became black and ever-since the iPhone is dead.

I went to Apple Store in Köln, Germany and in a very respectful way they told me they cannot do anything and I have to buy a new phone!! I am still wondering why nobody in Apple can help and what is the difference between Apple and other brands? I was a big fan of Apple and have always had iPhone (5s, 6 and now X) but I am quite disappointed with the quality and service.

I see there are also other users who have complaints about the quality but they are not able to convey the message to people in Apple while AppleStore service was not adequate.

I know my guarantee is finished but you can imagine how it feels that in less than 2 years, you lost both device and data just because of quality issue. Sorry Apple. I am disappointed with you because nobody respond.

Best Regards

Iman Fotovat

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 5:47 AM

Hello,

Hmm, you should not be having the problems that you describe.

1) For the "dead" issue see this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) For charging issues, check the charging port for lint or other debris and see this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge

Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 5:47 AM in response to ImanFotovat

Hello,

Hmm, you should not be having the problems that you describe.

1) For the "dead" issue see this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

2) For charging issues, check the charging port for lint or other debris and see this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t charge

Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

My Iphone X is dead while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.