Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dealing with non-stop phone calls which "identify" as Apple support, besides blocking the calls?

I am looking for effective tactics to stop scam Apple support calls besides the block the number tactic. Is there a way to forward the phone numbers to Apple's scam/phishing site? Just today alone, my son received non-stop calls from same Identified site (Apple Support) but they are not Apple support. He has the iPhone 12 Pro Max and I told him to just block the call and not answer period. Any suggestions? We have Verizon which claims to stop calls they identify as spam but their idea of a spam call is not complete and they don't block our numbers form getting on the spammer lists. Putting your number on that DO NOT CALL, only increases calls.

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:37 PM

Apple's suggestion from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support is:

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

I don't know how effective that would be, for a variety of reasons, including that the phone number displayed for scam calls is frequently spoofed and not the number actually originating the call.

One option to consider and the one I use is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 3:37 PM in response to masterredfox

Apple's suggestion from Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support is:

You can report fraudulent tech support calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

I don't know how effective that would be, for a variety of reasons, including that the phone number displayed for scam calls is frequently spoofed and not the number actually originating the call.

One option to consider and the one I use is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2020 6:46 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks I will tell him about going to settings and adjusting unknown callers. I have to laugh because I know more about dealing with this problem than him because I automatically just block any unknown number have s. In a case where they "identify" themselves I still look up the number and know that a legitimate number will not have strange ratings or comments about it. Besides I have contacted Apple support directly.

Dealing with non-stop phone calls which "identify" as Apple support, besides blocking the calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.