Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

m1 MBA - external monitor problem

I simply cannot get my new M1 MBA to detect an external monitor. At all.

LG 43UD79, USB C between the MBA and the monitor (using the cable that came with the MBA.)

I've reset, restarted, pressed Option then clicked the Detect Displays button... nothing. This monitor was working yesterday with an older MBA.

Do I need a different cable? Something else?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 9:23 PM

Are you using the charging cable that came with your MacBook Air? The USB-C to USB-C Cable? That will not work with your external display. Contact LG and they can recommend the right cable to use with the USB-C port.

If you want to use the cable that you were already using with your older MacBook Air then you can get an adapter to work with the old cable and your new MacBook Air.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 9:23 PM in response to Laughing Warrior

Are you using the charging cable that came with your MacBook Air? The USB-C to USB-C Cable? That will not work with your external display. Contact LG and they can recommend the right cable to use with the USB-C port.

If you want to use the cable that you were already using with your older MacBook Air then you can get an adapter to work with the old cable and your new MacBook Air.

Axel F.

m1 MBA - external monitor problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.