Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default ringtones on iPhone 12 Pro Max missing !

Hi,

I just setup my iPhone 12 Pro Max & transferee all my data from my old iPhone 6 plus.The transfer went smooth but on checking the ringtones, I get the same ringtones I had on The 6plus.Doesn't the iPhone 12 come with brand new ringtones that are different? If so how do I get the default 12 Pro max ringtones?

Is there anything else I'm missing by doing this phone to phone transfer?

Thanks.

iPhone

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 11:11 PM

There are no new default ringtones that come with the iPhone 12, AFAIK.

However, you can add ringtones that you have purchased or made, etc.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 28, 2020 11:26 PM in response to Ministrel

Sorry for the late reply ...

Ministrel wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.I will check the link as I am trying to install some ringtones via iTunes & it seems complicated.

Anyway,I have another question here.Why is it that the home screen does not rotate.Also on the Facebook app, it does not switch to landscape mode.Is there anyway around it?

Thanks.

The Home Screen does not rotate on the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Some apps support landscape mode and some do not. Safari and Messages support landscape mode. (I do not know about Facebook.)

Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

PS: I know that the Home Screen used to be able to be rotated by default on plus-size iPhones (6+, 7+, 8+) ... and that this feature did not carry forward to Max versions of the iPhone. I do not know why though ... maybe rotation on the iOS 14 with widgets would interfere or Face ID would not work in landscape mode had something to do with this feature being removed in more recent iPhone models.

Default ringtones on iPhone 12 Pro Max missing !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.