Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid in Lightning Port Detection Alert (False)

I received this alert tonight on my almost-new device despite not being anywhere near any moisture source. Has anyone else experienced this ostensibly erroneous error?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 2:57 AM

If your iPhone or Lightning accessory is wet

Unplug all cables or accessories. Don't plug them in again until they're completely dry. ... If you see the alert again, there is still liquid in the Lightning port or under the pins of your Lightning cable. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow for up to a day.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Sup

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 2:57 AM in response to madlock

If your iPhone or Lightning accessory is wet

Unplug all cables or accessories. Don't plug them in again until they're completely dry. ... If you see the alert again, there is still liquid in the Lightning port or under the pins of your Lightning cable. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow for up to a day.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone - Apple Sup

Feb 2, 2021 11:36 AM in response to madlock

I have have received the same message multiple times on my iPhone XS Max. After conducting some research online, I found that this is a very common issue for lots of people after updating to iOS 14. It is actually nothing wrong with the port (usually), but a software glitch that came with iOS 14. The only thing to do now is wait for Apple to release a software update to fix it.

Liquid in Lightning Port Detection Alert (False)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.