Liquid detected in lightning port

After the 16.5.1 update I now get this popup warning only when I plug my phone into my car stereo for carplay. It has never done this before the recent update. There is nothing wrong with the car stereo and I have already attempted all the usual fixes and no my phones port is not wet. My cables are fine. This literally just started after the 16.5.1 update. What is the fix or is it a glitch ?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 6:32 AM

9 replies

Jun 24, 2023 6:56 AM in response to Hornerandy1

Contained in that link is the following:

If your iPhone and Lightning accessory aren't wet

If you see this alert every time you connect a certain cable or accessory, that cable or accessory might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support.

Since this ONLY seems to happen when you plug your phone into your car system, I'd try a different cable and if that doesn't help, I'd click the blue link to contact Apple Support for help or I'd schedule an appointment at my Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation.

Ps: I've connected my iPhone to my car system by cable after the update to iOS 16.5.1 with no such warning, so it's most unlikely this was caused by the update to your iPhone. We're also not seeing other people suggest the update may have caused this issue to their iPhone.

Did you Force Restart your iPhone after you updated it? This is something I recommend you do after every update. To Force Restart your iPhone:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button
  2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button
  3. Then press and KEEP HOLD the side power button and keep holding it past the swipe to power off and keep holding until the screen goes dark and keep holding it until the Apple Logo appears, then let go. Sign back in when prompted and test your phone in your car.

Liquid detected in lightning port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.