Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 battery draining very fast, just started doing it

Since Monday 12/7 my series 3 watch which had previously stayed above 80% by end of day) has started draining the battery very fast. By 7 pm (after 13 hours of use ) is almost dead.

why?

it only wakes when I tap it

all the options are off including heart rate monitor that are normally suggested by users

i have power cycled it

i have re paired it

i have let it go dead and charged from 0%

I have installed no new software (except the most recent update)

it just started draining the battery

WiFi is also off

watch battery health says battery is at 100% capacity

it has been on for 3 hours and is already down to 78%

has it been issued a kill command to “encourage” me to buy a new watch ?

this is very frustrating to have this suddenly happen with no slow loss of capacity

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:09 AM

Wifi should not be off it is needed by the watch.

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log

into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

And FYI there is no such thing as a kill command....does not exist

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 7:09 AM in response to BigBadHodad

Wifi should not be off it is needed by the watch.

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few force restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First force restart your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log

into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

And FYI there is no such thing as a kill command....does not exist

Apple Watch series 3 battery draining very fast, just started doing it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.