Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods show up but keep disconnecting

My AirPods don't connect even though they show up on my Bluetooth and I've clicked connect.

It connects, then immediately disconnects again, and keeps on buffering until the bluetooth tab automatically shuts down.

I've tried resetting my AirPods and my Bluetooth but it still doesn't connect.

What should I do?

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:23 PM

Hello,

Start here:

If your AirPods won't connect

If no help, try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Also see:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Good luck.

2 replies

Dec 14, 2020 5:57 AM in response to MrBill3

Sadly, none of that helps.

I also have this issue. It's not that they won't connect - they will. But, the connection drops fairly quickly and I do not hear the confirmation tone in my ears. Trying to change the sound output to the AirPods Pro is futile as the option to do so disappears the moment the cursor hovers over them.

The problem seems to be exaggerated by using Airplay - at least for me.

I also think the problem is not in the AirPods themselves, but rather a bug in Mac OS - because rebooting the Mac usually brings it back to 'normal'. I had done the AirPods reset and this did not fix the problem. The issue seems to be in the bluetooth section as the connection gets lost there.

I'm now on Mac OS Big Sur, 11.0.1 on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro.

AirPods show up but keep disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.