Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 folders in Finder always show cloud

Hello,

There are 2 folders that continuously show the cloud icon to the right of them in finder. Notice in the picture it is the dotted line cloud. Also, I went into the sub-folders and found the specific sub-folder where this was happening. Is there a way to make this go away? I can turn on and off the "iCloud status" column, this is showing whether that column is on or off. I'm guessing this has something to do with iCloud.

iMac 27" (Late 2015)

BigSur 11.0.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 5:43 AM

Sorry, I framed my question poorly. I know that this means the file is not stored in iCloud, what I was trying to figure out is, how do I force the sync so the file is stored in iCloud?

A few minutes ago, I found a fix.

1) I moved the sub-folders that weren't syncing properly out to the Downloads folder, which is not synced to iCloud

2) This caused the original folder to re-sync with iCloud. I waited until the iCloud icon indicated the original folder was synced

3) One at a time I moved the offending sub-folders back to the original folders and waited until the iCloud icon indicated synced

This is probably considered an inelegant fix, but it worked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 5:43 AM in response to tygb

Sorry, I framed my question poorly. I know that this means the file is not stored in iCloud, what I was trying to figure out is, how do I force the sync so the file is stored in iCloud?

A few minutes ago, I found a fix.

1) I moved the sub-folders that weren't syncing properly out to the Downloads folder, which is not synced to iCloud

2) This caused the original folder to re-sync with iCloud. I waited until the iCloud icon indicated the original folder was synced

3) One at a time I moved the offending sub-folders back to the original folders and waited until the iCloud icon indicated synced

This is probably considered an inelegant fix, but it worked.

2 folders in Finder always show cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.