Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac wont turn on. power button doesn't respond. Tried holding it in 10 second, still doesn’t turn on.

My iMac won’t turn on. The on button doesn’t move. It has power.

I tried pushing the button for 10 seconds. Still no response.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 11:07 AM

Sorry but this sounds like a hardware failure by your brief description. If you push the power button and nothing displays on the screen then that confirms it is hardware. If that is correct, the next thing to do is to take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 11:07 AM in response to erthwmnn

Sorry but this sounds like a hardware failure by your brief description. If you push the power button and nothing displays on the screen then that confirms it is hardware. If that is correct, the next thing to do is to take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

Dec 10, 2020 11:13 AM in response to erthwmnn

You only hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn the iMac off.

To turn it on you just need to briefly push the power button.

If the power button is stuck, try unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and try again. Also check the power cord on the back of the iMac to make sure the it is full plugged in.

It that doesn’t help, then you will need to take the iMac in for service.

my mac wont turn on. power button doesn't respond. Tried holding it in 10 second, still doesn’t turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.