Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all my music

i have over 40,000 songs on my apple laptop i bought every cd from the store and import them to my laptop myself my question is if i lose my music will the i clould be able to retrieve all my music back.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:25 PM

No, at least not unless you're paying for a cloud backup service. Apple have their iTunes Match and Apple Music services which can match/upload your music and playlists but that isn't a bitwise copy of your library. You should back your iTunes library and all other data that matters to you to another resource such as an external drive, preferably two, so that you can recover your library in the event of a disaster such as a lost or stolen machine, failed drive, etc.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 12:25 PM in response to damone98

No, at least not unless you're paying for a cloud backup service. Apple have their iTunes Match and Apple Music services which can match/upload your music and playlists but that isn't a bitwise copy of your library. You should back your iTunes library and all other data that matters to you to another resource such as an external drive, preferably two, so that you can recover your library in the event of a disaster such as a lost or stolen machine, failed drive, etc.

tt2

all my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.