Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separating iTunes and apple music

Is there a way to view only music that can be burned, my purchased and music transferred from a purchased CD? I'd like to keep Apple Music on my iTunes also, but I need a way to determine where I imported the music from. Thank you, russ

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 4:37 AM

Apple Music items have the kind Apple Music AAC audio file. Your smart playlist should match all the rules Kind is not Apple Music AAC audio file and Location is on this computer as you cannot burn content that is in the cloud.

tt2

2 replies

Sep 5, 2021 3:21 AM in response to elunoparati1

I was under the impression that once you turned on Apple Music, that's the only thing that would show in your Library. However, since I'm not an Apple Music user, I could be (very) wrong.

Assuming that I am wrong, and that you do have both Apple Music and your CD music showing in your library, you could use the Songs view, and get it to show the Kind, to then be able to identify which songs are which:

If that works, you could create a Smart Playlist that excludes the Apple Music.

If you require assistance in showing the Kind, or crating a Smart Playlist, let us know.

Separating iTunes and apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.