Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls on my iPhone 12 pro max don't ring

More getting calls on my phone and doesn’t ring, but my iPad rings

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 3:50 PM

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Side of your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF
  4. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings Phone Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  5. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.
  6. If all of the above is OK on your iPhone then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:
    • Press and quickly release Volume UP button
    • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 3:50 PM in response to Anthonyl12

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Side of your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF
  4. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings Phone Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  5. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.
  6. If all of the above is OK on your iPhone then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:
    • Press and quickly release Volume UP button
    • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Calls on my iPhone 12 pro max don't ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.