Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phobio damaged my brand new phone that I sent in for trade in, how do I complain?

I submitted a trade in for a brand new iPhone SE from cricket to Apple's trade in Partner Phobio. I literally took the phone out of the box, activated it and then reset it then securely packaged into the Phobio shipping box. I took pictures showing their was no damage. I don't know what they did, but they sent me a picture of the lcd showing a damaged lcd with a white spot. I don't understand how you can damage a brand new phone like that. Screen is not cracked or shattered, which would indicate no damage while in transit. It seems to me someone messed it up while handling the phone for inspection. I can't contact their Phobios chat support because it keeps disconnecting. Is there a way to submit a complaint to Apple?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 9:02 AM

5 replies

Dec 31, 2020 5:22 PM in response to deshawn52

Oh Gees, we are caught between a rock and hard place. Due to COVID-19, I could not do an in store credit/return for my iPhones so I had no choice but to go through Phobio.

Needless to say, today, I receive a message from them with a picture, that my previously unmanaged phone, is damaged upon their inspection results. The picture was of the back lower corner of the phone. I disputed, noting that I did not send the phone back with a phone case, and secondly, I have pictures of the phone prior to putting the phone into the trade in kit.

I also disputed, asking them to show me pictures of the entire phone, none received. I requested for them to take a picture of the About screen with phone info. I took a picture of each of my phones About screen before shipping out.

When I disputed that they either damaged my phone, or they are scamming me by using a picture of another phone, just so they could reduce the trade in credit.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that I told them that since they insist to only give me $50 instead of the $200 that I was supposed to get, then I want my phone back, and, in undamaged state like I sent it to them. Their agent, Alexx BB made a curious comment about them repairing the phone before returning. If the phone was theoretically damaged upon them receiving, then why would they want to repair it before sending it back to me? Either they damaged it or they figured I would accept the $50 and be done.

I asked about my second phone, mentioning that neither phone was damaged upon sending to them, so the second phone better not suddenly be damaged upon their inspection. They said the other phone arrived on this day but they had not inspected it yet.

At this point, my conversation with them went offline and they never returned online to complete the conversation. I at least, was able to save some of the chat before they shut me down.

Despicable, this company Phobio. By the way, it seems they are located in Mississauga, ON, near 401 and Hurontario, for anyone in Ontario, having to do a trade in with them.

Phobio damaged my brand new phone that I sent in for trade in, how do I complain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.