Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Issues When Charging

Since the day I received my iPhone 12 Pro Max I seem to have issues only when it is charging. Whenever it is plugged in and I go to use it the phone completely bugs out.

Examples:

When texting, or typing for anything, it will just randomly start throwing in letters, making up words, and sending out the text.

When browsing it will just randomly click ads on the page I am reading, open a new browser, etc.

Is this a known issue? Since this only happens when my phone is plugged in and charging would that mean this might be a hardware specific issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:06 AM

That it only happens during charing does point to a hardware issue.

I would recommend:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

They can help you confirm if it needs a repair or not, and help you with your repair options

Good luck!

1 reply

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Issues When Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.