Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad2 too slow

My iPad 2 is so slow. It does not update, takes 5 minutes to load the home screen, etc. Can someone please help me fix that? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10344

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Your nearly 10-year old, 2011 iPad 2 is very old and has not been supported for, at least the past 3 years!

Your iPad model is too old, now.

Sorry.

You really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 1:33 PM in response to KarrzPro_95c001Dud3

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10344

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together. Do not simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance.

Your nearly 10-year old, 2011 iPad 2 is very old and has not been supported for, at least the past 3 years!

Your iPad model is too old, now.

Sorry.

You really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad2 too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.