Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import file into Keynote for Mac

I need to get text into a series of Keynote slides. Now I : (1) Copy text from a flashcard application (2) Open a new slide in Keynote (3) enter the edit mode (4) Paste and match into the Keynote slide.

I want the background to be consistent in each slide: thus the paste and match.

This process works fine but when I have large numbers of slides to create it is very time consuming.

The flashcard application will export to .Jpeg / png but I do not know how to get these images into Keynote and still keep the background that was created in the master slide. If I drag the image into the Keynote - I also drag any background in the .jpeg. I would like to have only the text from the Flashcard file imported into Keynote.

Any suggestions on how to get large amount of text into multiple Keynote slides?

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:23 AM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2020 9:37 AM in response to ed_strickling

Images were created from a "Flashcard"application - Studies. The exported .jpeg only comes with a white background; thus when I import / paste an image it has that same white background. I use the "gradient" background in the Keynote slide; to keep that background I have to copy and then "paste and match" the gradient background. This copy / paste w/ match is o.k. but with 500 + slides ..that's alot of work!

Dec 14, 2020 12:28 PM in response to ed_strickling

To do what you want in Keynote, to produce a quality presentation, you will need to copy the text in the Studies application then paste and format the text in Keynote. Yes, a long and tedious procedure. Your jpegs are of no use to get a coloured background.

To show the gradient background on all slides, go to: View > Edit Master Slides

create the background, then click the Done button.

Import file into Keynote for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.