Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flowing a series of images into Pages to create a series of individual pages?

One of the reasons I like Keynote more than Pages is that it's quicker and more flexible. I can grab a folder of 200 images and drag them into the sidebar and they will create individual slides.

Is this possible in Pages?

This app needs an import function! It's crazy that I can't open a portrait formatted Apple Keynote file in Pages or at least import the slides as pages.

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 4:27 AM

No. Pages is a word processing application, not a presentation tool, and you must individually drag, drop, and position images into the document. If you are using a Layout format Pages document, then you can add an image, Insert a new page, add an image, insert a new page, ad infinitum.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 4, 2022 9:29 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for the confirmation.

Keynote can be used as a word processing and layout app as well. I can make eBooks at a much faster clip in Keynote but then have to export as PDF and convert the PDF to ePub in a 3rd party app.

Apple basically killed iBooks Author, which leaves Pages as their publishing tool that is hooked to iTunes Connect and the Apple Books Store.

This would be ok if Pages had some basic import or file conversion tools. Most offices I've worked in are 100% MS Office environments that use InDesign for layout, Pages is a weird in-between app that falls short.

Aug 4, 2022 9:43 AM in response to oaklandbobdow

Though Pages is not a Word clone, it can open and translate compatible MS Word documents. If one has access to Word v16.31 or later, it can take a PDF exported by InDesign and open it in Word to convert it to a .docx that Pages may be able to open and translate.

Pages however, is usually not an approved substitute for MS Word in corporate application/document standards, and attempting to use it there as a Word substitute can be career risky.

Flowing a series of images into Pages to create a series of individual pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.