You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tidal subscription

I accidentally subscribed to Tidal through my Apple account which is more expensive. I let the initial subscription expire but when I go to the tidal site to resubscribe I cannot remove apple payment. I want to pay for my subscription through the Tidal.

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 10:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:19 PM

I went through Apple support, which was not helpful. I also went through Tidal support with multiple inadequate standard chat bot responses, but persisted. Somehow I must have eventually got through to a human at Tidal who must have fixed the issue (without actually responding back to me) or the issue just went away on it's own. One day, I tried again to subscribe directly through Tidal and it worked. So, they either fixed the problem individually for me, they fixed it for everyone, or perhaps after a billing cycle to two, the problem just went away on its own. Very unsatisfying in that I never really knew what transpired to fix the problem. Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 1:19 PM in response to szederkenyir

I went through Apple support, which was not helpful. I also went through Tidal support with multiple inadequate standard chat bot responses, but persisted. Somehow I must have eventually got through to a human at Tidal who must have fixed the issue (without actually responding back to me) or the issue just went away on it's own. One day, I tried again to subscribe directly through Tidal and it worked. So, they either fixed the problem individually for me, they fixed it for everyone, or perhaps after a billing cycle to two, the problem just went away on its own. Very unsatisfying in that I never really knew what transpired to fix the problem. Good luck.

Jan 25, 2021 4:56 AM in response to Brodysmom15

The same thing is happening to me. I successfully cancelled Tidal through my iTunes account, but the free version of Tidal (called "Tidal Access" continues to be linked to iTunes. Because of that, I can't resubscribe directly through Tidal. I attempted to solve this problem through Tidal, and the final answer was that I need to contact Apple support. Does anyone know how to completely cancel/unlink my free Tidal subscription from iTunes, even after I have successfully cancelled the paid subscription? Somehow it doesn't seem "right" that once you subscribe to Tidal through iTunes, Apple has complete control over how i subscribe to Tidal forever.

Tidal subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.