Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-cover my text messages from my lost iPhone to my new iPhone

How do I recover my lost iPhones text messages to my new iPhone

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:27 PM

If you used iCloud for Text Messages on your lost iPhone then you can log in with same Apple ID on your new iPhone. Turn on Messages in iCloud settings and that messages should begin to synch. If you did not or do not use iCloud for Messages then you will need a computer backup from your lost phone that you may have created before it was lost. You can use that computer back up to restore your new iPhone.

If neither of the above apply then you will not be able to retrieve any Messages.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:27 PM in response to DavisBREES

If you used iCloud for Text Messages on your lost iPhone then you can log in with same Apple ID on your new iPhone. Turn on Messages in iCloud settings and that messages should begin to synch. If you did not or do not use iCloud for Messages then you will need a computer backup from your lost phone that you may have created before it was lost. You can use that computer back up to restore your new iPhone.

If neither of the above apply then you will not be able to retrieve any Messages.

Axel F.

How do I re-cover my text messages from my lost iPhone to my new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.