Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Pay for AppleCare with a Gift Card

I was told I could use an apple gift card to purchase AppleCare for my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but when I try to order (after the diagnostics run), entering my Apple Gift Card info is NOT an option (only CC info). Usually, the option to enter the Gift Card is below the CC info. I checked the online resources - which list almost everything else as items that CAN be bought - AppleCare is not specifically listed (but "other apple services"). Then there is the option of "REDEEMING" the card so it is part of my balance - which I'm SCARED TO DEATH TO DO, as it seems irreversible - and I DO NOT want $300 in iTunes credit...

Do I need to di this in a store? And since you can't really talk to any store employees in advance - HOW THE **** do I confirm this?

*Worth noting - I can NOT even select AppleCare as the TOPIC to pair with the iPhone!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Hello jacklyn292,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to use your Apple Gift Card to purchase AppleCare. The type of gift card you have will determine what it can be used for. In most cases you would redeem your gift card and add it to your Apple ID to pay for your AppleCare. If you do not wish to redeem the full balance of your gift card to your Apple ID then you should contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Get Support 

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 1:55 PM in response to jacklyn292

Hello jacklyn292,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to use your Apple Gift Card to purchase AppleCare. The type of gift card you have will determine what it can be used for. In most cases you would redeem your gift card and add it to your Apple ID to pay for your AppleCare. If you do not wish to redeem the full balance of your gift card to your Apple ID then you should contact Apple Support for additional assistance.

What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

Get Support 

Best Regards.

How to Pay for AppleCare with a Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.