Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Microsoft office ultimate 2007 that I purchased. How can I put this on my Mac computer. So far everything I read says it's outdated. Does that mean I have to re-purchase office ultimate?

I have Microsoft office ultimate 2007 that I purchased. How can I put this on my Mac computer. So far everything I read says it's outdated. Does that mean I have to re-purchase office ultimate?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:46 PM

The only two products that Microsoft currently supports on macOS are Microsoft 365 ( subscription) and the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac. These require at least macOS Mojave (10.14.*) for installation. And yes, if your Mac is running Mojave or later, it is a new subscription or purchase via the Apple Online store as I have mentioned in a previous post. No software that you purchased in 2007 will run on current Macs.

From the Apple logo on your menu bar, choose About This Mac panel. What version of the operating system are you presently running, and what is the Mac product description line containing the parenthesis?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 1:46 PM in response to Mike0325

The only two products that Microsoft currently supports on macOS are Microsoft 365 ( subscription) and the single-purchase Office 2019 for Mac. These require at least macOS Mojave (10.14.*) for installation. And yes, if your Mac is running Mojave or later, it is a new subscription or purchase via the Apple Online store as I have mentioned in a previous post. No software that you purchased in 2007 will run on current Macs.

From the Apple logo on your menu bar, choose About This Mac panel. What version of the operating system are you presently running, and what is the Mac product description line containing the parenthesis?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.