Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

somehow my pages app wants to launch from photos. How do I change that back to pages

somehow my pages app wants to launch from photos. How do I change that back to opening with in pages

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:03 PM

In Finder, select (single click) a .pages file, then press command-I to Get Info.

In the Info pane, go to the Open With section, and reset the Open with menu to Pages.

Then click the Change all button and confirm that choice in the alert message that opens.

Regards,

Barry

6 replies

Dec 12, 2020 4:48 PM in response to roxpapergirl

…Or, possibly, you mean Pages lanuches when you double click a "photo" file, such as a . jpg or .gif file.

If that;s the case, locate and clisk (once) on one of the files that and has that effect, then press command-I to Get Info.

In the Info pane, go to the Open With section, and read what application is set to open that type of file. If it says Pages, click on the box to open the pop-up menu and choose Photos (or a photo-editing application if you have one installed), then click the check box to Change All (which tells the Mac to open all files with this extension with the appplication you chose..

Regrds,

Barry

somehow my pages app wants to launch from photos. How do I change that back to pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.