Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey pulsing bar replacing text in multiple sites

What is causing these grey bars from replacing my text in some comment sections. Only my two iPads do this, my iPhone 12 ProMax works perfectly. See the grey bars below. They actually pulsate back and forth!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 10:09 PM

This is not a chat room. It is more like a bulletin board where you tack up your issue and come back later to see if anybody has posted a reply.

I do see the phenomenon you describe occasionally on both my iPad and my iPhone. I put it down to a problem on the website in question or in the network between that site and my devices. It usually clears up eventually.

When you are seeing the problem on some devices and not others, are they connected to the network in the same way, or are some of them on wifi and some on cellular? The latter would suggest a network issue rather than a website issue.

Also, are all of your devices on the same level of iOS/iPadOS?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2020 10:09 PM in response to GreginJaxFL

This is not a chat room. It is more like a bulletin board where you tack up your issue and come back later to see if anybody has posted a reply.

I do see the phenomenon you describe occasionally on both my iPad and my iPhone. I put it down to a problem on the website in question or in the network between that site and my devices. It usually clears up eventually.

When you are seeing the problem on some devices and not others, are they connected to the network in the same way, or are some of them on wifi and some on cellular? The latter would suggest a network issue rather than a website issue.

Also, are all of your devices on the same level of iOS/iPadOS?

Grey pulsing bar replacing text in multiple sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.