Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Zoomed feature doesn't work well with a lot of apps.

I'm using an iPhone 11pro running iOS 14.2.

My eyes are no longer what they used to be and I decided to switch from the 'Standard' to the 'Zoomed' display mode in my 'Display and Brightness' settings.

However, for many of my 3rd party apps, the full display is not used when in this mode. It's as if you're looking at the app running on an iPhone 6/7/8 screen.

Would anyone know whether or not this lack of optimisation in apps when using this display mode is an iOS problem or is it that developers need to update their apps to support this mode?

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 5:33 PM

Thanks for the screenshots, Ali.

It looks like you've narrowed down what the potential culprit might be. Something you might consider if there are specific apps that you'd like to see this functionality within, you might consider letting them know by using the steps in How to contact an app developer.

Be well.

3 replies

Dec 16, 2020 11:33 AM in response to ali_Mac

Hey there, ali_Mac.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about your question dealing with zooming in on your iPhone screen. We'd be glad to see how we can help.

In Zoom in on the iPhone screen, it's mentioned that zooming is available "in many apps", so what you could be seeing is a limitation of the specific app. However, check out that page anyway, as it has a few options for zooming that are a little different than the Display Zoom you mentioned that's available on your iPhone 11 Pro, as you may find an option that works better for you.

Let us know what you find out.

Take care.

Dec 16, 2020 2:41 PM in response to Leanne_68

The Zoomed option that I'm referring to is in the phone settings:

Take a look at example screenshots of affected apps:

Standard view

Zoomed view.

Amazon's app is currently affected as well:

Amazon standard view, and

Amazon in zoomed display.

All the system apps and many 3rd party apps do not have this problem. Anyway, MS apps had this problem and I just downloaded updates for 2 of them and the problem has been fixed. So I think it's the third party app developers that need to pay attention to optimising their apps to support both display options.

Display Zoomed feature doesn't work well with a lot of apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.