You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install Garage Band on MacBook Air running Catalina?

Can I install Garage Band on my son's MacBook Air running Catalina? It is a mid 2012 so it can't upgrade to BigSur.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 3:54 PM

4 replies

Dec 13, 2020 10:57 AM in response to FryCreative

You would have had to already purchased an earlier, pre-Big Sur compatible version in the past.

The following Apple Support document describes how to redownload previously purchased apps, with emphasis on the re in redownload: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support.

"Learn what to do if you can't redownload the app."

Although I have never heard of anyone successfully doing so, or even attempting it, you have nothing to lose by contacting Apple. Beg, plead, or cajole them into make an earlier version available by supplying you a download code or something like that. But that's the only way it could possibly happen because Apple is the sole source for their apps. Don't let me stop you from trying though.

Can I install Garage Band on MacBook Air running Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.