Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband doesn't work in Catalina

How come I can't use Garageband now that I have MacOs Catalina (which I HATE) and can't install the Garageband available in the App store because it requires MacOS 11 and Catalina is only 10.15??? This is not user-friendly!

That was my question.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 8:37 PM

i just purchaced a refurb macb air n its running great. everything seemed fine until i tried to download garageband and a few other basic apps that my iphone SE and my ip8 can both run...hmmm is there a way to update this things OS system to something above 11??? if i cant, i will be forced to return it and i dont wanna be drama

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 8:37 PM in response to MNuismer

i just purchaced a refurb macb air n its running great. everything seemed fine until i tried to download garageband and a few other basic apps that my iphone SE and my ip8 can both run...hmmm is there a way to update this things OS system to something above 11??? if i cant, i will be forced to return it and i dont wanna be drama

Aug 22, 2021 8:44 PM in response to muguy

garage band worked in my macbook pro i purchased in 1999. why the F!! would smart engineers create and OS that has such limitations? its like working in reverse! "if its not broken, dont fix it!' why take GBand away/ are yall smoking the good stuff before work or whT???? BTW one of the main reasons i went with apple again IS BECAUSE OF AUTOMATIC GBAND

Garageband doesn't work in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.