Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset like new?

My dad passed away a couple weeks ago he’s a iPhone 8 plus has a passcode on it. All I wanna do is be able to use the phone like a brand new phone is there anyway to reset the phone

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 5:30 PM

I am sorry for your loss.

See this Apple support link ➡️ If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If he had Find My enabled you will need his Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock after resetting the phone. If you don’t have his password and can’t find it (maybe he wrote it down) then see ➡️ How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 5:30 PM in response to TOOGUNS

I am sorry for your loss.

See this Apple support link ➡️ If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

If he had Find My enabled you will need his Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock after resetting the phone. If you don’t have his password and can’t find it (maybe he wrote it down) then see ➡️ How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Reset like new?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.