Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos on social media do not play iphone x ios 14.2

For several days I have not been able to see any videos on social media on my phone.

The videos do not load on instagram (stories load but never play so they skip to the next one, feed videos play audio but the visuals are frozen).

Twitter videos won’t play.

Tiktok is a black screen or just a still image that is eternally loading.

The only sites I can see video on, and just for a second, because if I pause or exit the app, the video freezes but the audio keeps playing, is Youtube and Facebook.

My phone is the iPhone X and I am up to date with iOS 14.2.

This same issue happened to me months ago and suddenly started working again.

This is extremely frustrating as there is no help or answers for me, or anyone else asking about this issue.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 6:38 PM

I have not experienced any problems with videos playing on my iPhone 12 Pro, however I do not use Instagram or Tiktok. I do use Twitter a great deal and videos are working just fine there. I would check with the developers of the other apps to see what they have to say. I do know that Twitter is working fine on my iPhone 12 with the latest iOS. Check to see if there is an update to any of those social media apps. The latest version of Twitter that I have is 8.46.1, and that was released yesterday. Make sure you have updated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 6:38 PM in response to samarahcarmel

I have not experienced any problems with videos playing on my iPhone 12 Pro, however I do not use Instagram or Tiktok. I do use Twitter a great deal and videos are working just fine there. I would check with the developers of the other apps to see what they have to say. I do know that Twitter is working fine on my iPhone 12 with the latest iOS. Check to see if there is an update to any of those social media apps. The latest version of Twitter that I have is 8.46.1, and that was released yesterday. Make sure you have updated.

videos on social media do not play iphone x ios 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.