Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash Player

I have received notice that Adobe Flash Player will be discontinued after 2020. I was told to uninstall it which I have done. now it says I need a latest version of the flash player to download videos or pictures.

I am hoping to get some help. I attempted to reinstall it and it hasn't been doing it properly

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 5:55 AM

What website are you visiting that says you need Flash Player? Those notices are scams trying to trick you into downloading an infected version of Flash Player that will compromise your Mac. Don’t do it.

4 replies

Dec 14, 2020 5:40 AM in response to MonaBear_28

Yep, total scam. These are fake versions of Flash that contain malware. Do not download and install any of them. The websites you see this on have been hacked to present those pop-ups in the hope the user will click and install. Then they’ve got you. You can’t stop them. All you can do is be vigilant and ignore them.

Adobe Flash Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.