Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X phone in recovery mode

My phone died & when I went to charge it, it wouldn’t turn on. So I tried to restore it & it said it was in recovery mode. So I use multiple different laptops with iTunes & it still won’t work, any suggestions?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 12:15 PM

If your phone stays in Recovery Mode, you can first try to see if you can exit this mode, as follows:

1. Unplug the device from the USB cable.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button (or Side, depending on your model) until the iPhone turns off and then let it go.
  3. Hold it down again until the Apple logo reappears.
  4. Let go of the button and the device will start up.

If after doing so, your phone still is not working properly, you will need to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 12:15 PM in response to brit0731

If your phone stays in Recovery Mode, you can first try to see if you can exit this mode, as follows:

1. Unplug the device from the USB cable.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button (or Side, depending on your model) until the iPhone turns off and then let it go.
  3. Hold it down again until the Apple logo reappears.
  4. Let go of the button and the device will start up.

If after doing so, your phone still is not working properly, you will need to make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

iPhone X phone in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.