Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugged in my iPhone to laptop and it states recovery mode

My iPhone stopped working today. I tried to click the volume up, volume down, and hold the side power button for 30 seconds and no logo appears. The screen remains black. I plugged in the phone into my laptop and it recognizes the phone, but it states it is in recovery mode. I do not want to erase my data. What can I do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 4:34 AM

See here  

Stuck on Restore screen

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Choose the Update option, rather than the Restore option which will erase the phone.

If the process forces you to restore then the data will be lost.

3 replies

Plugged in my iPhone to laptop and it states recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.