Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air , 2 external monitors no signal to one of the monitors

have a MacBook Air , 2 external monitors no signal to one of the monitors

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 12:18 PM

That's what is supposed to happen. The M1 Mac notebooks (Air and Pro) support only one external display – resolution up to 6K, but only one.

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

From MacBook Air - Technical Specifications - Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 12:18 PM in response to peterich2002

That's what is supposed to happen. The M1 Mac notebooks (Air and Pro) support only one external display – resolution up to 6K, but only one.

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

From MacBook Air - Technical Specifications - Apple.

Dec 17, 2020 12:12 PM in response to neuroanatomist

I have an M1 Macbook Air. Connecting both into the USB-C drives and only one works. But what is weird is the other one is putting out sound when on Zoom calls. I have the LG 4K screens that I bought for my 2018 Macbook Pro and they worked great. Now I went over the M1 Air and only one works. I have done all the trouble shooting if I plug one in it works on the A screen, if I plug another one in it works on the B screen but not A. Tried detect displays, rebooting, plugging in and out and nothing works.

When both are plugged in only one works.

I have a MacBook Air , 2 external monitors no signal to one of the monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.