My external monitor does not recognize MacBook Pro 2017 signal

my external monitor is not able to recognize the signal of my macbook pro 2017, it appears to be "no signal"

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.2

Posted on May 3, 2023 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 9:58 PM

FionaChen2004 Said:

"My external monitor does not recognize MacBook Pro 2017 signal: my external monitor is not able to recognize the signal of my macbook pro 2017, it appears to be 'no signal'"

-------

macOS Incompatibility:

Are you really using macOS 10.2? That is not an option for a 2017 MBP. If 10.2 is the macOS, incompatibility would likely be the culprit in that case.

Troubleshooting Monitor Connections:

A. Links to refer to:

B. Single Out this User:

For temporary use and troubleshooting purposes, create a new Administrator User, seeing if all shows up as it should. If so, then it is likely an issue with the current user itself. Once determined, delete this Administrator User.

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometime, changes (i.e. Update Installations) are made, and then settings (i.e. Finder GUI) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both. Note that is may take a few tries just to reset them successfully.

Use these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 9:58 PM in response to FionaChen2004

FionaChen2004 Said:

"My external monitor does not recognize MacBook Pro 2017 signal: my external monitor is not able to recognize the signal of my macbook pro 2017, it appears to be 'no signal'"

-------

macOS Incompatibility:

Are you really using macOS 10.2? That is not an option for a 2017 MBP. If 10.2 is the macOS, incompatibility would likely be the culprit in that case.

Troubleshooting Monitor Connections:

A. Links to refer to:

B. Single Out this User:

For temporary use and troubleshooting purposes, create a new Administrator User, seeing if all shows up as it should. If so, then it is likely an issue with the current user itself. Once determined, delete this Administrator User.

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometime, changes (i.e. Update Installations) are made, and then settings (i.e. Finder GUI) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both. Note that is may take a few tries just to reset them successfully.

Use these Links:

My external monitor does not recognize MacBook Pro 2017 signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.