Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has my Apple Watch stopped measuring VO2 max?

my Apple health hasn’t registered my vo2max since July this year? I train most days and nothing?

I have unpaired then repair my watch and ensured everything is updated to latest software

any Ideas?

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 11:10 AM

This information comes from:

https://www.cultofmac.com/610268/vo2-max-apple-watch-aerobic-fitness/

Apple Watch may log your VO2 max, but you can’t currently check it on the watch itself. To see your stats, you must use the Health app on your iPhone. Go to Health Data > Activity and scroll down to find it. If you have readings for the current month, they will be highlighted in a big orange box. If you have no VO2 max data, it will be languishing at the bottom of the list, under No Recorded Data.

If you can’t find any VO2 max readings in the Health app, that is probably because you have not yet logged the right kind of workouts with your watch. Only two workout types can produce an estimated VO2 max on Apple Watch: Outdoor Walk and Outdoor Run.

VO2 max relates to maximal exertion. So you’ll need to log a pretty intensive workout to generate a reading. And you’ll need to sustain it for at least 20 minutes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 11:10 AM in response to Philtiss73

This information comes from:

https://www.cultofmac.com/610268/vo2-max-apple-watch-aerobic-fitness/

Apple Watch may log your VO2 max, but you can’t currently check it on the watch itself. To see your stats, you must use the Health app on your iPhone. Go to Health Data > Activity and scroll down to find it. If you have readings for the current month, they will be highlighted in a big orange box. If you have no VO2 max data, it will be languishing at the bottom of the list, under No Recorded Data.

If you can’t find any VO2 max readings in the Health app, that is probably because you have not yet logged the right kind of workouts with your watch. Only two workout types can produce an estimated VO2 max on Apple Watch: Outdoor Walk and Outdoor Run.

VO2 max relates to maximal exertion. So you’ll need to log a pretty intensive workout to generate a reading. And you’ll need to sustain it for at least 20 minutes.

Why has my Apple Watch stopped measuring VO2 max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.