Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

How can I access my text messages from iCloud. I accidentally deleted my daughter’s text messages and I want them back. Text messages were set to save to iCloud

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Despite it being saved to iCloud, your messages are accessible in the Messages app.

If you had messages in iCloud turned on Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support and those messages were deleted, then they are permanently gone. If that feature wasn't turned on, you can restore from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Enslow2016

Despite it being saved to iCloud, your messages are accessible in the Messages app.

If you had messages in iCloud turned on Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support and those messages were deleted, then they are permanently gone. If that feature wasn't turned on, you can restore from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support.

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.