Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files and Finder issues

Hello everyone,

Im a month and a half into owning my 2020 MacBook Air and Ive really enjoyed it so far.

Yet recently ,after I updated my Mac to iOS Big Sur 11.0 , I noticed that Im having difficulties with all sorts of files.

I tried saving files from the Pages app and this was never successful.

I tried attaching already made files and screenshots into emails but the laptop keeps freezing and I get the annoying "spinning beach ball".

I tried moving files into the bin and this was also unsuccessful and I was stuck in the "moving to bin" notification.

(all of the above actions resulted in the "beach ball" icon"

It all seems to be linked to the Finder on my Mac , but thats only my initial thought, and this was never a problem before the update , everything was working perfectly fine.

Im wondering if there is any solution to this ,annoying for a student, problem?

Or maybe someone is experiencing the same issues?

I need some help ASAP because I use my Mac to write essays and do homework and thats impossible without being able to save and send the files.

Thanks,

David

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 3:45 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities FilesAndFinderProblems,

We see that you're having an issue saving and moving files on your Mac after upgrading the software. We understand your concern, and we'd be happy to help.

We'd like to have you try the following steps to help to isolate these issues that you've been having. First, start your Mac in safe mode and test to see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, create a test user and test one more time. Performing these steps can help to determine where the issue is coming from. The articles below will guide you through those steps if needed.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know how this goes and if you notice any changes.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 3:45 PM in response to FilesAndFinderProblems

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities FilesAndFinderProblems,

We see that you're having an issue saving and moving files on your Mac after upgrading the software. We understand your concern, and we'd be happy to help.

We'd like to have you try the following steps to help to isolate these issues that you've been having. First, start your Mac in safe mode and test to see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, create a test user and test one more time. Performing these steps can help to determine where the issue is coming from. The articles below will guide you through those steps if needed.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know how this goes and if you notice any changes.

Have a great day!

Files and Finder issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.